Thursday, June 25, 2015

Fort Worth Quilt Guild Lecture

   Last week we were blessed to spend two days with the ladies of the Fort Worth Quilt Guild and I have to tell you, we had a blast! 
Gary is my constant traveling companion, but this time we had family along with us.


   Hailey, our granddaughter, is a professional photographer, so when she's able to come along, I end up with great photos for my Quilting Memories book.


   Just look at these faces, it would be impossible not to have fun with this group!






   Lucas is Hailey's high school sweetheart, husband and wonderful daddy to their three children. Lucas reminds me so much of Gary! Funny how quickly Lucas and Gary moved when the ladies invited them to the snack table!



Gary knows as much about my patterns as I do - I talk quilts, he talks details. 
I love spending time with quilters, just having fun, talking quilts and sharing my quilting journey. 
I'm always tickled to show my Turning Twenty quilts, and share the simplicity of construction and impressive results that can be achieved from my easy-to-sew patterns. 




 I especially enjoy showing my appliqué and embroidery quilts and sharing how they came about.
This is my Henfolks quilt. Fusible machine appliqué and basic hand embroidery. 
Henfolks is also available on cd for machine embroidery.


Love Covers is hand embroidery and I used heat set crayon to add color.

 Day in the Life of Mr. Bear is hand embroidery but also available on cd for machine embroidery.

In my wildest dreams I'd have never thought anyone would ask for my autograph!  I am so blessed. 

Thanks to the ladies of the Fort Worth Quilt Guild for having us!





No comments:

Post a Comment