Sunday, August 21, 2011

Turning Twenty Red & Butter Doll Dress Quilt

What an honor it was to be invited to participate in Holly’s blog event!

When I saw this new Dolly Dress fabric at market I began to dream of the quilt I’d make. Aren’t quilting dreams so much fun? I changed course three times before settling on the design for this cutie.  Once the plan became final, it didn’t take long at all to complete the project.
Why of course, it’s a Turning Twenty® quilt! Did you expect anything else from me?
I pulled from my Lakehouse stash of yellows and reds for accents and border. I used the two different Dolly Dress panels, fussy cutting the dresses and machine blanket stitching them onto yellow backgrounds with RED thread.
The Cribbs ladies love red & yellow together. Our daughter, Michelle, has an absolutely delightful red & butter master bedroom. I’ll post pictures here someday.
But this quilt is just for ME! It will be so cute hanging on the buttery yellow wall just behind my sewing area when my new studio is finished next spring. 

By now you all know how I love fantastic looking quilts, but they simply must be quick and easy.  The pattern I used is in my newest Turning Twenty book, it’s called Button Up Buttercup. I added red rickrack, some really big red buttons, and lots of tiny red buttons for embellishment.
The Lakehouse fabrics are from the new Dolly Dress collection and some from Lakehouse past collections. One thing I love about Holly’s fabrics is how well they blend from one collection to the next. I collect Lakehouse fabrics as they become available, so there is always a great quilt just over the horizon.
If you’d like to purchase my newest book, click on this link Turning Twenty Slapplique 
Key “Dolly Dress Blog” in the Special Instructions section of the store check out page and we will provide FREE shipping!  (free shipping applies only to orders shipped within the USA)
When you place your order, select First Class Mail as your shipping option.
The amount for postage WILL appear on your order form.
We will deduct the postage amount before your card is actually charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment